Dolphin Fry- Advice Please

capester

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a blue dolphin with a mouth full of fry. Last time she was holding eggs I caught her to transfer her to another tank but she spat the eggs and didn't pick them uop again. This time I have let her get on with it and the fry have hatched in her mouth, I was wondering whether to let her spit them in the main tank or try to fish her out? Cheers

I would leave it mate, just let her get on with it, when the fry are free swimming,then you could catch her then remove the fry,but i wouldnt attempt this, if you want fry,then get another tank and keep just the breeding pair in there. Good to hear the news all the same :good: pics would be great

Thanks, I reckon I might try to catch her at night and see how that goes.....

I think I need it! I tried catching out c.some julie fry but I could never catch the darn things! The tank s 6'7" x 30" x30" with 180kg of rock in it. I had to dismantle the whole thing to catch 1 adult tropheus the other week!

Hi again. I have left her to it but she hasn't spat them yet. How long does it take her to spit normally after the eggs hatch? I'm getting a bit worried because she is looking pretty thin and keeps attacking the male and then going and hiding away. They hatched at least a week ago

Most reactions

Back