Doggiebags 2nd Fishless Cycle, With Help.....using Seachem Stability

It looks like you are getting close Doggiebag. A few more days like the last two and you can declare victory in a mere 6 weeks.

Day 44: 12/10/09:
AM TEST:ammonia 0, nitrite 0, added 4ppm ammonia
PM TEST: ammonia 0, nitrite 0.10

Day 45: 13/10/09:
PM TEST:ammonia 0, nitrite 0.25

Day 46: 14/10/09:
PM TEST:ammonia 0, nitrite 0.10

Day 47: 15/10/09:

I forget what kit you are using. I'm wondering what those 0.10 results are looking like on the color chart. If it was an API nitrite test and it just looked like "teal" instead of "light sky blue" (as opposed to a real trace of purple) then I might wonder if you could actually just call it a qualifying week and move on. Usually I still feel that if you are very patient, it will eventually get past the "sticking problem" and the results will very obviously become double-zeros every time, but we do have cases occasionally where the user seems to report a tiny trace forever and I wouldn't want you to get into one of those endless loops. The fact that you are -only- at a month and a half or so though makes me think it really is just on the verge and will drop to pure zeros soon...

~~waterdrop~~

it really is just a trace, sort of a washed out mid blue, not the clear bright pale blue of the zero, but a hint of purple to make it a deeper blue but not purple. it is actually a similar blue to the lower stripe of blue on this post, the one containing the edit/quote/reply buttons..........not the button colour but the strip they are sitting on

I'm beginning to think you could do the big water change, get fish and probably not experience any mini-cycles. Maybe we can see what OM and the others think.

~~waterdrop~~

I had intended this tank for 2 apple snails and my 5 armano shrimp...so want to be sure its okay for them. Not a huge bio-load but a very sensitive one......

reading tonight was trace nitrite again, maybe around 0.05-0.10ish

Day 48: 16/10/09:

Day 49: 17/10/09:

Day 50: 18/10/09:

Day 51: 19/10/09:

Day 52: 20/10/09:

Happy to call this one complete, the blue is only a tad darker than the 0 reading on the API kit. Just wish the other cycle would hurry up....

edited to add: tested tonight and this was went to 0.25 nitrite !! very odd as this one has been stable for ages. I feel like chucking both tanks out the window at present, they are seriously testing my patience now.

Most reactions

Back