Dog Behaviour

Which is always good!

Im just glad that she has learned quickly with it, and now she is alot quieter! She still has her moments of a quick bark at the door, which I dont mind as sometimes I dont hear it, plus she is still doing her job that way of letting people know she is there

The unit was £40, but it was so worth the money as she is pricelss!

Glad you got the problem resolved! The prospect of losing a beloved pet is always a hard one. Sounds like you guys are doing great. Congratz.

Just the thought of losing her brings a lump to the throat, as although she really annoys me sometimes, especially when she has her "Im not going to listen to you or anyone and do what I WANT, not what you want" days, but I couldnt bear to lose her as I do love her to bits!

The £40 to help calm her barking down was pennies to me when it comes to it, it done the job quickly and easy, and after not even a week of using it, its just sitting there doing nothing...But will keep it safe in case she starts again, and its made it easier to keep her quiet when the new baby is born, as we dont want her going overboard on the barking when he will be trying to sleep.

Its all just a happy house now, and this was the last little thing needed to have a dog that doesnt get told off anymore as we dont need to, the rest of her behaviour is great, and it makes life that bit easier now as our neighbours are off our backs, so know the council wont be speaking to us again about her

So all in all, its been eventful! And I have a better behaved dog than most of the people I know!

Makes me proud lol!

another thing to try is to leave the dog in the room with door shut and on the other side of the door is leave a piece of ur clothing unwashed after wearing at the bottom of the door so when the dog sniffs the bottom of the door it smells like u r just on the other side of the door

Casually showing yourself when she barks is only showing her that you appear when she barks. Regardless if you pay attention or not.

Crate training is absolutely recommended. She will bark and whine and #101## and moan. Only let her out when she is quiet. If you need help in figuring out the proper way to crate train there are tons of articles online. Dogs are den animals and will come to enjoy their crates. I let one of mine out he plays for awhile and when he's tired he goes to his crate on his own and lays down. It is his own safe haven.

Make sure you are consistant and clear in your training.

I had a very similar situation with my dog, she wouldn't bark but whine something aweful and chew things, or even get sick at times. Mine was abused and when we got her to finially trust us she suffered from severe separation anxiety, so bad in fact that during our wedding we had to leave and pick her up from the kennel, she had started vomitting and had really bad runs, so right after the cermony we had to go and get her, she stayed under our table all through out the reception. Anyway, crate training is a good way to do it for some dogs, it helps to make them feel safer but for others it might make the situation worse. For us the crate didn't work (I think it had something to do with the abuse she suffered). For us we started taking her with us when we could and left her tied outside the store (where we could still see her, but she couldn't see us), that actually helpped a lot. The other thing we did was to determine a "safe zone" in the house for her, we put her bed beside our bed in the bedroom and had all her toys there (this is actually a modification of crate training) and when we would leave the house we would put her in the "safe zone" and make her stay there, and then leave the house. She was, and still is, overly excited when we would come home, but the whining and chewing stopped. It took about 6 months for her to be relatively cured of it, she still suffers some, we cannot board her we have to get someone to come into our house to stay with her if we go on vaccation but the day-to-day leaving the house is no longer a problem.

Most reactions

Back