does your water smell?

camshaft

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just noticed today that the water in my 55 US gallon has a very faint foul smell. this is only noticeable if you put your nose down to the water. tank is very clean and ammonia tests safe.

thanks!

Mine certainly doesn't smell like sparkling fresh water from the fountain, but I wouldn't say "foul" either.....

jimbooo said:
i think musty with a hint of fishy sums it up. not a bad smell at all.
thats probably a more accurate description of what i was trying to say.....

I like the smell of fish tank...

Maybe I'm wierd, but I can tell by the smell when a tank is properly cycled or when a tank is healthy. My housemates think I'm wierd because I sniff the fish tanks...

Yeah, mine too. It smells only if you put your nose right up to it.

I dont like the smell, I like the noise of the faint trickling and gurgling noise of the filter B)

when i had mine it smelled like a big lake mmm i loved waking up to that smell!!!

Mine Smell too but i dont bother much abt it as in warm weather water tend to smell a bit, from what i think it might be is since have a lighting and a plastic lid cover to prevent splashing onto the light as the platic lid turn green and i think that what u smellin the algae as when sniff close up can u feel the warmth while sniff if it smell really bad i just change the water no problem

btw have cold fishs tank :D

One of my buddies thinks herbal cigarettes smell like fish tanks :rofl:

HERBAL cigarettes? Never mind, I don't want to know.

My tanks are generally ok. If they do smell it isn;t enough to smell if your nose isn't right there. And with the number of tanks I have arund here, that is a very good thing.

My daughter's tank was foul for a while. It is in her room and she was WAY overfeeding. We had a talk about how much fish need to eat and we did a very thorough vaccuum. She is doing much better.

Most reactions

Back