does this sound bad

50000_tears

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok well i got a really small tank for my runt DT Ani. he is so fat he cant reach the top of the one gallon to eat, i bought him a black decoart glow in the dark . it has a light and a filter. he is a very small fish. is this a bad idea?. i cannot put him to sleep my mom loves him and wont do that.btw heres a pic of the tank
3077388227B.jpg

Try him if he's happy in it fine.

thing is he was never in a cup or a hex he was always in a one gallon..i dunno if he would like it

If he can't eat in the 1 gallon, then this is probably a really humane alternative for him. Give it a shot. As long as you keep up with water changes, it shouldn't be a big deal. It doesn't sound like he's all that active, anyway.

i think he tries to be active but his weight weighs him down i am sure its not swimblader he has been like this all year though :/

Try him on some shelled peas, do you feed alot of dried foods.

pea- yes did nothing but made his tank too poopy..he isnt constipated. dieting-ah if we tried to feed him less he'd beg us into feeding him more. note the tank doesnt have a lid thats my only concern..yes he eats Biogold pellets since i cant stand the creepy crawlys

Are you going to/have you bought some marbles for decorating the tank? They usually come in the little mesh nets. You can use that as a sort of lid. Just cut and tape to fit. Can adjust around the filter.

i use rocks /gravel i dont use marbles since they'd scare my fish

You are going to have to put the betta on a diet as keeping him cramp he will get bored quickly, and it is not a life for the fish, you will have to be strong or you are going to lose the fish to swim bladder.

i dunno how to put him on a diet when my mom feeds him 5 pellets

Do you only feed dry foods as that's your problems he needs frozen as well, as to many dried foods can cause swim bladder and dropsy problems.

Most reactions

Back