Does Ne1 Have A Ro Unit

blue acara

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ok ive been thinking about getting one of these things but on the sites that sell them they dont give the size of the things.

how big is ure ro unit? 3 stage/4 stage wotever. this is important because ive got f**k all space.

could i get a hose and pump the water to the ro unit in to a room next to the bathroom which has more space?

how much approx space would i need for the waste water bucket and ro water bucket and the unit itself all together?

cheers, dan

ok ive been thinking about getting one of these things but on the sites that sell them they dont give the size of the things.

how big is ure ro unit? 3 stage/4 stage wotever. this is important because ive got f**k all space.

could i get a hose and pump the water to the ro unit in to a room next to the bathroom which has more space?

how much approx space would i need for the waste water bucket and ro water bucket and the unit itself all together?

cheers, dan

My 5 stage unit is about 18" tall, 5" deep and 15" wide (don't ask for metric, I still price things in £Sd !!)

I have mine set up in the garage and run a line to a tank and also a T off to the kitchen. From what I have read the delivery line should be no more than 25ft.

If you wish to collect the 'waste' then it depends on the rejection rate of your unit (that depends on temperature, delivery pressure and flow restrictor). If you obtain 3:1, which is about average, then for every 10 gallons of product you are gonna create 30 gallons of waste.

not so big at all and if i were you i'd recomend locating it under the kitchen sink, plently of pipe space to hook it up to, pipes to return the waste water, enough space to put a collection bucket, without it all becoming an eyesoar.

but please take it from me, make sure you know what you are doing when you install it, unfortaunatley i've managed to flood the shop below me on 3 occasions by poor workmanship :blush: it cost me £250 each time that was not covered by insurance.... wish i had either hired a plumber or just purchased the water from lfs..... much cheeper :/

craig

owch 750 wasted :( under the bathroom or kitchen sink was the idea-not sure if ill be able to fit a collection tank there though-we'll see. i try install myself and if its complicated or leeky ill get a plumber in.

Maybe Australian units are different, but you really shouldnt need a plumber for installation. There shouldnt be much plumbing at all, there just flexible tubes, and you can detach them from the unit after every use (atleast in my case you can, they just screw on/off). :good:

I have a 1.5:1 rejection, which is pretty good. I just run the "black" waste tubing into the washing machine. It holds the water till the next wash day! :D So really try and plan out the whole set-up dry before you start going gungho! :p

wow 1.5 to 1 thats vgood. mine mite be worse as the water im putting in is probley of less quality.

ill definatley plan where to put it. if i can fit a collection tank in the kitchen cubord i will.

Most reactions

Back