Does Anyone Reccomend These?

Trance2006

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Those watere clarifiers they sell at petco or such. Such ass accu clear on a cycled tank?

Those watere clarifiers they sell at petco or such. Such ass accu clear on a cycled tank?

i think accu-clear helps with cloudy water from NTS. not too sure tho dont use it :p

best thing to do is read the bottle about what they do, then think "do i need this"

i tend to try to avoid useing chemicals in my tanks.

Well Since Since Thursday I have done like 4 small 2 gallon water changes. No change. And my fluval is chock full of new carbon that was washed nice and good. So no carbon dust there

You dont seem to get it, I put a piece of poly on my filters out take for 3 hours on saturday. Nothing made a change.It seems these things pass by

But it made it much worse. I was able to see more of the crap in the water

Wait, I know this will sound stupid coming from me. But could it be a mini cycle or bacteria bloom?

My water peramters are in my siggy and doesn't that mean the cycle is done? If it is a bacteria bloom how long will it stay?

everything is in check nitrate shows as 10 again. Should i do a water change?

i would highly not reccomend using chemical water clerifiers!!!! i once had the same exact problem as you with water clerity and after trying everything i could think of and having non of it work i used a water clearifier, ill never do that again! on the bottle it said it may turn the water purple for a short amount of time but mine stayed that way for 3 days!! it didnt do anything but turn my wtaer purple! so i ended up do a probly 85% water change to get the color out(i know it was bad but i had no choice) it work great and now my wtaer is crystal clear so i would reccommend just doing a rather large water change.

never mind i called Jose my LFS guy and asked him what the hell was happening. He said you got a bacteria bloom cuz you added too much fish. Even though your cycles is done the bacteria colonies need to catch up. He also said try not to use chems like Cycle, because it would have been much better 2 weeks ago when you started it.

Also do no more water changes for 2 weeks. Feed sparingly and such.

So I thank you guys for your troubles and my self idiotism ( is that even a word?). So I will just wait this out for a week and a half or so.

Do you know your Phosphate reading in the tank? persistently high phosphates can be another cause of some bacterial blooms ;) When I first set up my latest tank I had a continuous bloom that wouldnt shift for about two weeks, I checked my tap water and found it was coming out with 5-10ppm phosphates!!! So once I bunged some Rowaphos in my canister all was well again :)

Well currently on the City Of Glendales water and power site the current report for phosphate is very low. It reads almost undectable. No I think this is a bacteria bloom. Error from me putting all fish at once, got too carried away

Most reactions

Back