Does anyone NOT like sand?

Does anyone NOT like sand?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've used it and I love it - never going back

• Total voters
CFC said:
Love it, i would never use gravel in any of my tanks. Aquarium is very unnnatural and ranks along side neon coloured dinosaurs and bubble opperated treasure chests for ugliness IMO.
:rofl: :rofl:

very true, but what about natural gravel? isnt there in some places in the wild there is natural gravel and some fish actually prefer it?

DD

Actually i thought most rivers had gravel and mud in them, not sand!! Sand is found at the beaches so surely gravel is more natural?
But then again maybe i'm completly wrong :dunno:

The beds of most tropical rivers are made up of layers of decomposed leaf litter, silt and sand. The closest thing to a natural Amazonian substrate you can get is silver sand of which most of the river bed and banks along the Amazon and many of tributaries is mad of.

I hate it when sand blows into my lunch. Or in my shoes. Or my car.

In a tank, I wouldn't have anything else.

LOL - I was gonna say I don't like sand in my lunch at the beach!!!

But my tank looks so much nicer with sand!!

(Voted Other)
I just switched my tank to sand(last night), I'll have to weigh in on this a little later.

Just recently changed from gravel to sand and i love it. A bit more work keeping it clean but it looks great. Also means i can have cory's now. :D :D :D

I like it

BUT

when i used emdication it dyed my sand green, which never happened to the gravel, and i cant get teh sand clean again

also i think i found some anaerobic bacteria teh other day whihc is something i lose sleep over :/

I dis-like it though it is very attractive looking. Fish kick up the sand causing it to get caught in the filter, clogging my filters causing me and the fish stress, thats my opinion.

THe only tank I have gravel in is the Betta Bowl i got from my aunt and now I have a lillie in it and a goldfish tank with naturally had gravel like what I got. Also If I had cichlids I would use gravel also beucase thats what that have in thier habitat. But EVERYTHING else I have sand. Im thinking of convertime my play sand into pool filter sand though....I want a SUPER WHITE colored sand.

While it does show a bit of poo I love the sand and so do my fish it look natural and besides the hassle cleaning it I wouldn't ever go back to gravel or glass stones in my case

I am not entirely partial to it....has caused a lot of filter problems for me, with cichlids (like to spit it into the filter) However, It does make a tank look nice. I have regular gravel in the 180, crushed coral in the 45, sand and crushed coral in the 7 and aragonite in the 33....I think I like the aragonite more than sand, due to it's color, but WOW is it expensive. :eek:

Luckily I have 2 unused bags (80lbs) of it, just waiting for more tanks. :p

*pokes Stephani for being a smarty-pants*

Most reactions

Back