Does Any One Know?

monkeyman

Moved On
Reaction score
Ive had an orange parrot cichlid for about 6 weeks now, hes about 4" but just recently ive noticed him rubbing himself off the gravel etc... I inspected him closer tonight and it seems like his skin is peeling. On his head looks like dead skin (not scales, but looks like human skin peeling after too much sun only on a much smaller scale) coming off and his a few of his fins are white around the edge. Im sure this IS NOT white spot, but i wonder what else it could be??? Ive tried to take pictures but they dont come out too good :no:

What size tank is it in because I didn't see it listed in your sig? It sounds to be a bacterial infection and would recommend you use maracyn 1 or 2.

I got it free from a friend who was selling his tank and i couldnt turn it down. Its in my dads 80 gallon at the minute with a Gold Sev until i get my new 100gal. The Sev is fine, i think ill keep an eye on it for now. Just curious if anyone had ever seen this before....

Dude this would be better responded to if you'd asked in the tropical fish emergency section.
good luck.

i had a parrot do basically the same thing only the skin didnt peel.he died while growing wis forehead foreward.makes them very seseptiable to disease.just buy some basic meds and use a little of all

i had a parrot do basically the same thing only the skin didnt peel.he died while growing wis forehead foreward.makes them very seseptiable to disease.just buy some basic meds and use a little of all
Thanks dude! :thumbs:

Try doing a couple of small water changes in a row. Like do a 10% change today, another tomorrow, maybe another three days after that.....
It's been my experience that fish have amazing healing abilities if their water quality is excellent.
Good luck!

Try doing a couple of small water changes in a row. Like do a 10% change today, another tomorrow, maybe another three days after that.....
It's been my experience that fish have amazing healing abilities if their water quality is excellent.
Good luck!

Good luck!
Thank you, i was looking for a more natural way out, adding stuff to my tank will really only be done if totally necessary. just done a 20% change today, iil do a 10% for the next few days then & see how that goes... Thank you :thumbs:

could be some sort of parasite it's tring to itch off... it's probably his slime coat coming off.. doesn't sound too nice

Sorry ive been so long coming back, if anyone is interested it seems to have cleared up following daily 10% water changes! Excellent! I already do twice weekly 15% changes anyway... Wierd. Still at least its gone! :thumbs: Water changes solve a lot!

Most reactions

Back