Does any one know about setting up a saltwater???

bbq1234

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:crazy: hey the saltwater sections didnt have enough ppl borwsing so i wetn here
does any one know what you have to have for setting up a saltwater tank??
i have a new 55 gallon tank with hood and lights
i need to know what kind of filter you need and stuff becuz i have no idea what you need
ANYONE????

What do you plan on keeping?
Just fish
fish w/ live rock
only coral
fish with coral

Do you have MSN, Yahoo or AIM?(This would make it easier/faster well for me to help)
What is the wattage on the lights?

um not currently my aim and stuff isnt workin
um not sure.....
i just need to know what kind of filter you need ... like what it "skimmer"
i hear that alot with marine tanks

hey I was thinking about this in bed last night trying to get to sleep, would be great if there was a glossery of hardware etc to help these peeps out a bit!!
Sorry to crash into your thread just thought this could help folk like you a little.
Hope you get to grips with it all, im just starting to, only just put my live rock in. :D

If you want a fish with live rock only tank then your lgiths are not really an issue. Its only when you add corals and other inverts that lights really become important.
If you want a fish/liverock setup then you have answered your question already, the best filter for you to get is Liverock. as much as you can afford. with a fish only setup though i would recomend the use of a skimmer too. Again a boog skimmer that can deal with the high waste the fish can produce. When you have corals and inverts i tend to not use (or undrskim so the corals can get food naturally).

Most reactions

Back