Do you use tank backgrounds?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sometimes/Not all of my Tanks

• Total voters
Hi! I've just upgraded and brought brand new tank backgrounds for ALL my tanks and wandered if everyone else uses them or dislikes them...

i have one but its all black, i think black looks the best IMO...

If I use any, it's black garbage bags. Black angels disappear on a black background, I leave those tanks without one.

Did have them, I only have one now and thats only cos I've not emptied it ready to clean it.

I now paint all my tank backs :D

I personally feel that they take away from your fish/plants, with plain painted backs, your eyes are drawn to the stuff IN the tank rather than the picture at the back.

Arfie

None of my tanks have backgrounds, the one we have in the lounge room, is on a brick wall that divides the front entrance and lounge room, so people can view the fish as they first walk in the door, and then also once they're in the lounge room, I think it looks much better that way.

The one on the kitechen bench looks good as behind it are dark tiles, so it's already got a background.

Plain black on the 33gal and dark blue on the 15gal. Don't like the "scenic" ones at all. I've seen sone 3D DIY ones that are quite nice looking though - I may try that one day.

As of right now, the 55 has a decorative one which I'm about to turn around to the black side. The 10 and 5 don't. I'd rather paint them, cause you don't get the possible air bubbles.

in most cases, i think it takes away from the tank. though, the ones that are just plain stone (no plants or scenery) are alright. i, myself, don't have any though

I have just bought a black one, after reading on here that they make the tank look great, I was wondering whether to stick it on the inside or outside of the tank.
Also is it best to put it on with Vaseline. :thanks:

Black for me- I think it adds depth. Bin bags on my small tank, but for the Rio 240 the shop actually threw in a black background for free.

I started with a background that had plants and wood on it, but then I saw pictures of someones tank who had changed theirs to black and it looked so much better.

I changed mine to a black one and the difference is amazing. All my plants stand out really well. Will never use anything different now. Blacl background all the way! :nod:

yup, black backgrounds for me, my future 2ft will have a black background too. they seem to really make the plants and such really stand out. I have seen nice backgrounds around but id personaly go with black everytime

Most reactions

Back