Do You Use Magnetic Algae Scrapers?

Do you use magnetic algae scrapers?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
mine works a treat just watch when cleaning around the substrate ive heard stories of them picking up sand/small gravel and leaving heavy scores across the glass

Nope I use a green scourer. The algae scrapers ruin your glass.

I used to have a magfloat for each of my tanks but then discovered the credit card/debit card/tesco card/whatever card way of cleaning....miles more efficient imho. :good:

steve

yeah they're a bit rubbish IMO, I used to have them and now I just use a scrubbing pad thing on a big stick

I've have one for all my tanks if they weren't so darned expensive! I love them. My glass wouldn't be nearly as clean if I didn't have them, you just have to watch the substrate, as mentioned.

In my FW tank I do, in my SW tank I dont, as the fish/inverts get stressed. An old student ID, or alternatives for you oldies (muhahaha :p ) is a credit card.

No, they're bloody useless for anything but the lightest covering of algea.

I get my arm in the tank with a pan scourer or a stanley-knife blade

I do have one, but I don't know if its big enough. It really isn't taking much of the algae off. I've got some massive green spot happening.

For green spot, use the side of one of those algae-sponge-on-a-stick things. (That's the scientific name for it, I swear!) The front/back work fine for normal algae, but the side of it (where you can see the plastic handle) works better for the green spot. As with all algae scrubbers though just be careful not to pick up any sand as your doing it. Don't want to scratch the glass.
Oh, and I do use the agnet type sometimes too. It just doesn't do much for the green spot.

Most reactions

Back