Do You Keep A Tank Diary?

keep one?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
well when your spending $80 for a coral frag or $75 for a dwarf angel, I would rather test the water rather then stressing the fish and waiting for them to either start shriveling or losing their color before I do anything. But, on the fresh side, I dont test very regularly.... but I dont think you guys should generalize all fish keeping into one rule that you dont need to keep records...

Ox :good:

But this isn't the marine section ;)

Not as such but I do note down the date of each fish I buy just to keep track of how long ive had them.

well when your spending $80 for a coral frag or $75 for a dwarf angel, I would rather test the water rather then stressing the fish and waiting for them to either start shriveling or losing their color before I do anything. But, on the fresh side, I dont test very regularly.... but I dont think you guys should generalize all fish keeping into one rule that you dont need to keep records...

Ox :good:

But this isn't the marine section ;)

its not a specific question, be it trop, marine or cold, I posted here because its a busy section

I should add that when I start my marine tank, I will be keeping a journal. Mostly b/c I've never done sw before.

And the health and well being of the inhabitants may rely on my record keeping. For instance if I see certain things start slipping, ex. calcium(which is needed for invert and coral growth), then I will notice it better and can fix it quicker than not keeping records.

I keep a little journal noting which fish I have and my bio weekly test result, that way I know how many fish I have and whay water quality x amount of fish causes. Right now my nitrates are usually only 5 when I do my weekly water changes. I also add how much water I changed and when I clean the filter.

i keep notes on everything from test results, maintaince scedules, to fish types and numers, there sizes, aggression, behavior, color, marking etc pretty much everything you could think of because some of the info might help me to determine if something is out of the nirm with a particular fish, and i keep pictures in it too

it's all in my head.i honestly don't have time to write it all down,i wish i did.

i keep a record of all tank water stats , temp sizes, when water changes were done and what was added chemical wise etc.

and also if they are under treatment.

i keep all this on a computer database , much easier, so then if theres a problem i can track exactly what i did, and then figure out the problem :good:

Most reactions

Back