Do I Need More Rock?

One last question. My tank is open do I need a top for it? I have egg crate but a canopy is a no go with my light.

The only top I have for mine is where my light sits. Otherwise it's open. I don't think you need to worry about them jumping out. You'll have more evaporation, though.

:fish:
KJ

hahah all the cool looking ones are jerks.
bummer deal for others too :unsure:

Anything else with a non zebra look? Also is there a cichlid with the coloration of a frontosa but not the hump and larger size?
Not to my knowledge about the frontosa.

Melanochromis johannii Males are blue w/horizontal stripe and females are orange

Do you really want to stay away from blue cichlids?

yeah that was it pundamilia nyerie I beleive it was.
nyererei-these scientific names get quite the spelling don't they. And it's supposed to alleviate confusion :rolleyes:

Well not really against blue but I wanted a different shade. Like a much lighter shade. But I didn't want any of them to be similar in color or patterning. You know more diversity.

SO far I might do Afras, electric yellow labs, Maylandia callainos, and something from the psudeotrophous.

Maybe psudeotrophous Scolofi?, they are a baby blue color, nice interesting Africans to keep. Id go with Afra (coube) the only word that describes them is SEX, when they are fully colored...

hahah all the cool looking ones are jerks.
bummer deal for others too :unsure:

Anything else with a non zebra look? Also is there a cichlid with the coloration of a frontosa but not the hump and larger size?
Not to my knowledge about the frontosa.

Melanochromis johannii Males are blue w/horizontal stripe and females are orange

Do you really want to stay away from blue cichlids?

yeah that was it pundamilia nyerie I beleive it was.
nyererei-these scientific names get quite the spelling don't they. And it's supposed to alleviate confusion :rolleyes:

Well not really against blue but I wanted a different shade. Like a much lighter shade. But I didn't want any of them to be similar in color or patterning. You know more diversity.

SO far I might do Afras, electric yellow labs, Maylandia callainos, and something from the psudeotrophous.

Maybe psudeotrophous Scolofi?, they are a baby blue color, nice interesting Africans to keep. Id go with Afra (coube) the only word that describes them is SEX, when they are fully colored...

won't the scolofi look exactly like the cobalts? I was thinking of saulsi because the females are orange.

The only top I have for mine is where my light sits. Otherwise it's open. I don't think you need to worry about them jumping out. You'll have more evaporation, though.

:fish:
KJ

Well I've only had one covered tank ever so as long as they aren't jumpers I should be fine.

Well I started stocking my tank and put in a s. socolofi and yellow labs in. I can't find any s. saulsi anywhere hence why I changed my mind on that. Still have the afras to track down and probably red zebras. Either them or the electric blue johani. I did another tank re scape because I emptied the tank to put a sump in but I didn't measure the inside of the the stand and ended up putting it on the side. I still need to get the equipment for the sump but the fish should be just fine for now with the HOB.

Most reactions

Back