Do I Get A Male Or A Sorority?

Anal fins can be a give away as can the size and shape of the beard when flaring, anal fins on male pks tend to be longer and more pointed, and the beard on males is very large and boisterouse compared to the females small gill flaps. Females also tend tobe chunkier in their body with males having a slimmer body :good:

Assaye i was meaning that in most common LFS unless they are ordered in then the females with different tail types are alomost certainly female as the CTPK and HMPK's etc. tend to be line bred fish if i'm correct? I have experience of breeding and the genetic lines in such tail types can get quite complex to keep the quality of the betta, probably why i stuck to breeding solid CTs :lol:

I've watched two tanks of females and not one flared. I was specifically looking at their 'beards' and trying to see something; but nope, nothing, no one bothered just all swimming around perfectly happy.

SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY

SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY SORORITY

:good:

Anal fins can be a give away as can the size and shape of the beard when flaring, anal fins on male pks tend to be longer and more pointed, and the beard on males is very large and boisterouse compared to the females small gill flaps. Females also tend tobe chunkier in their body with males having a slimmer body :good:

Assaye i was meaning that in most common LFS unless they are ordered in then the females with different tail types are alomost certainly female as the CTPK and HMPK's etc. tend to be line bred fish if i'm correct? I have experience of breeding and the genetic lines in such tail types can get quite complex to keep the quality of the betta, probably why i stuck to breeding solid CTs :lol:

I get you now :good: yeah, would be impressed to find a line bred CTPK in a pet shop :lol:

Will see about finding some photos for dipsydoodlenoodle

Get females, the guy I've got my dragon off,is gonna have another spawn ready in a bit :good:

Get females, the guy I've got my dragon off,is gonna have another spawn ready in a bit :good:

I had seen :). I like one of the ones he has on e-bay BUT the problem is my tank is taking FOREVER to cycle :(.

You can still buy them, he'll keep them on hold. It's what he has done with my dragon :good:

I know but what happens if it takes another 2 months to cycle; I've not even got to the bottom of the first ammonia bit yet and it's been 3 weeks; the next stage apparently takes twice as long; that is at least another 2 months until the nitrate begins to grow :( *sighs*

I had seen :). I like one of the ones he has on e-bay BUT the problem is my tank is taking FOREVER to cycle :(.

You can still buy them, he'll keep them on hold. It's what he has done with my dragon :good:

I know but what happens if it takes another 2 months to cycle; I've not even got to the bottom of the first ammonia bit yet and it's been 3 weeks; the next stage apparently takes twice as long; that is at least another 2 months until the nitrate begins to grow :( *sighs*

Pssst!! Here's the secret, if you ask him, he will send you some mature media :good: :hyper:

I got mature media from one of my other tanks :(; but thank you for the heads up :).

I did a fish in cycle with my current betta; I kinda wished I'd done the same this time around.

Most reactions

Back