Do I dare?

Let's not get lost in the beauty of the fish.
It is in a barren cup, served up for our pleasure cos theirs a demand for it. Folk who buy these are perpetuating the cruelty of these fish. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Did that fish get born into the world to be in a sterile cup ? I think not ! It's supply n demand, I hope all keep them in better conditions but from what iv seen some are ignorant of the bigger picture, but maybe they are just kids, I don't no ? I don't see any pleasure in this. Have a plastic fish instead.

Yes I do care ! Much as I care for the lads who died to fight for this country in ww2 who must be turning in there graves at how we have become. Youth on drugs,, full of immigrants milking the system, I despair

Yes I agree its cruel

Let's not get lost in the beauty of the fish.
It is in a barren cup, served up for our pleasure cos theirs a demand for it. Folk who buy these are perpetuating the cruelty of these fish. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Did that fish get born into the world to be in a sterile cup ? I think not ! It's supply n demand, I hope all keep them in better conditions but from what iv seen some are ignorant of the bigger picture, but maybe they are just kids, I don't no ? I don't see any pleasure in this. Have a plastic fish instead.
This is an ongoing problem... there is nothing we can do about it. :/

Most people treat bettas and other fish as a live decoration to their house. They often don't see them as pets to take care of or as a hobby.
I agree. They are a cheap way of decoration/entertainment. I wish I was in a place of power, that I could make it illegal to sell bettas in those tiny cups. :(

I agree. They are a cheap way of decoration/entertainment. I wish I was in a place of power, that I could make it illegal to sell bettas in those tiny cups. :(
Same, it is disgraceful and disgusting at the same time to treat animals that way. Why? Is it because fish don't cry out of pain? It is just disgusting.

Same, it is disgraceful and disgusting at the same time to treat animals that way. Why? Is it because fish don't cry out of pain? It is just disgusting.
People have no feelings for small and weaker animals. People are so misinformed.

It's been a while since I was so taken with a betta

Mr. Luna is elderly. I am going to go way back and find his baby pictures to show you
Here are the most recent pictures. I am deep cleaning his tank because I found some gross worm thing. He is in the 5g restaurant bin now!
I got him October 9 2017. So he's a good 3 years old. Sweet Looney Tooney.
As you can see, he enjoys lounging these days. He can still get a blood worm but I have to help him by putting it to the side of his head so he can see it.
Oh, Mr. LUNA
You're the one. Lalala
You make me happy
You're lots of fun....
Oh, Mr. Luna, I'm awfully fond of
YOU!!!

20200607_235404.jpg
20200601_183815.jpg

It's been a while since I was so taken with a betta

Mr. Luna is elderly. I am going to go way back and find his baby pictures to show you
Here are the most recent pictures. I am deep cleaning his rank because I found some gross worm thing. He is in the 4g restaurant bin now!
I got him October 9 2017. So he's a good 3 years old. Sweet Looney Tooney.
As you can see, he enjoys lounging these days. He can still get a blood worm but I have to help him by putting it to the side of his head so he can see it.
Oh, Mr. LUNA
You're the one. Lalala
You make me happy
You're lots of fun....
Oh, Mr. Luna, I'm awfully fond of
YOU!!!

View attachment 106980View attachment 106981
Hes cute:)

He is GORGEOUS
He's maybe still there. If he is there next time I go I may get him.
It's just that my fish hobby is taking up a lot of time and it is a big responsibility.
I'm still waiting for my 20g to cycle.

Most reactions

Back