Do Guppies Need A Light?

AngelOfDeath

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
greetings.

I bought a good ol' 16 gall for my gup-gup-guppies (3 females, 1 male) I have the heater (50 watt) and filter (650l/h)

I was wandering, do they need a light for thier health? or is it just so i can see them

They would get a decent amount of natural light in the day, but if they do need one, i will atach a florescent tube thingy to the top, but i didnt want to, as then there would be less space for water

greetings.

I bought a good ol' 16 gall for my gup-gup-guppies (3 females, 1 male) I have the heater (50 watt) and filter (650l/h)

I was wandering, do they need a light for thier health? or is it just so i can see them

They would get a decent amount of natural light in the day, but if they do need one, i will atach a florescent tube thingy to the top, but i didnt want to, as then there would be less space for water

No. They need light, but the intensity is not important so if they get natural daylight they will be fine.

greetings.

No. They need light, but the intensity is not important so if they get natural daylight they will be fine.

=)

how would there be less space for water? im not sure what you are talking about?

I would guess as the light fitting would hang down may be?

thanks a lot, i'm going to ask my local if they do them, otherwise probs buy off the net, thanks mate

Most reactions

Back