Do Dwarf Gouramis Get On With Neon Tetras, Clown Loach And Mollies?

Dwarf Gouramis tend to be a less agressive type of gourami and should do fine with the larger neon tetras, most mollies, and pretty much all loaches.

Although IMO possibly the most agressive of the colisa gourami, mine are a bit evil compared to my labiosa and chuna....
I've heard bad things about gourami with mollys as well, apparently mollys hate gourami....
Loaches defnately fine as long as its not a chinese/golden algae eater.

Hi, I think this is my first quote, but I mainly review the live bearers section. I have got a dwarf gourmi and wanted to know if its ok to keep alone, or should I get it a partner... it looks like this, but the colours are different (let me know if it makes a difference). Also, would be nice to know if I did get a MALE or FEMALE - what impact that would have.

I have 6 neons, 3 danios, 1 male guppy, and 2 female guppy... and the gourmi.

Thanks

Hemel

The bigger of the gourmi's on this page is sort of what it looks like...

Think Fish

Can't see the pic;
Dwarf gouramis are best either kept alone OR in a 1 male to 2 female ratio OR as groups of females only.

Can't see the pic;
Dwarf gouramis are best either kept alone OR in a 1 male to 2 female ratio OR as groups of females only.

Ok, sorry about the pick it was a link to the think fish website. where it has a picture of it...

Thanks for the advice, I think I may keep it alone, as I only have a 6o ltr - for now! :rolleyes:

i dont know about the rest, but my pair is real aggressive towards themselves and other fishes. it took quite awhile, and alot of separation in between, for them to settle down and stop nipping scales off each other. after that they begin on the other fishes. barbs, angles, even my bichir. only leaving my fire eels alone.

i dont know about the rest, but my pair is real aggressive towards themselves and other fishes. it took quite awhile, and alot of separation in between, for them to settle down and stop nipping scales off each other. after that they begin on the other fishes. barbs, angles, even my bichir. only leaving my fire eels alone.

Dwarf Gouramis are unpredictable, mine was attacking my Severum/convict/Blood parrot who are all MUCH MUCH bigger than him, he was doing damage to, he ripped a big piece out of my paradise fishs' newly regenerated tail, I would not trust them again, that's just me. I have a gold gourami and a blue, although not as pretty they have great little personalities and aren't vicious at all, i'd get a different gourami if I were you.

Most reactions

Back