do Bettas Like Cucumber?

My betta who passed away, always liked it. I have't tried it on my new betta but you should only feed it as a treat. Not as their staple diet. But you probably already know that. =)

So, yeah, most bettas I've seen like cucumber.

What do you guys feed your bettas as there staple diet
I just have tropical fish flakes...i idnt no they needed anything special :blink:

I feed mine a variety of different things. Most betta keepers will say to feed frozen and live but some people don't like the idea of keeping frozen worms in their freezer. :D

I feed mine tropical fish flakes, bettamin flakes, freeze-dried bloodworms, and occasionally a small piece of a vegetable as a treat.

Some people say that freeze-dried bloodworms can rip apart your betta's stomach or something but if you break up the worms into smaller pieces, there shouldn't be a problem.

Bettas are carnivores, by the way, so they need something like bloodworms once in awhile.

try pellets formulated for bettas, and freeze dried bloodworms. They are easy and clean to feed. Also try live foods when you can. Your betta will love you for getting rid of those yucky flakes. Also, feed cucumber only to improve digestion, but dont feed too often because bettas are carnivores.

I feed my bettas flakes and frozen bs.They love the bs but I think a variety of foods is best for all fish :p I havent fed them any veggies yet

Mine likes courgette. IT ABSOLUTELY love blood worm. Seeing a betta go for frozen bloodworm is awsome

LOL I put a moth in mines tank yesterday :) Its so funny watching him trying to eat a moth thats bigger than his mouth :)

back to cukes - at PetSmart today I saw a whole mess of plecs just devouring something - at first I thought it was a pickle, but then I looked closer and it was 1/4 of a cuke. They were going NUTS for it.

Most reactions

Back