Diy Rockscapes?

Sweeden

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've had 4 Huge slabs of york stone in my garden for years, i'm looking at adding them to my tank but a few questions:
  1. how should i clean them?
  2. how long should i rinse them for?
  3. whats the best way to glue bits together?

cheers
Ste

hi Sweeden i havent used york stone in any of my setups but like all the rock/slate i do use i whould just give it a good scrub under a running hose and use aquarium sealent to stick it together :good:

hi Sweeden i havent used york stone in any of my setups but like all the rock/slate i do use i whould just give it a good scrub under a running hose and use aquarium sealent to stick it together :good:

Should i soak it like i did with my bog wood and beach stones. soaking over night for a week?

i dont think you need to do that fella as long as it has had no chems near or on it (being in the garden and all)just a good scrub under water then give it a good rinse off should be ok .BUT if you think it may have come into contact whith any garden chemicals then i whould leav well alone and find somthing els to scape the tank whith :good:

i dont think you need to do that fella as long as it has had no chems near or on it (being in the garden and all)just a good scrub under water then give it a good rinse off should be ok .BUT if you think it may have come into contact whith any garden chemicals then i whould leav well alone and find somthing els to scape the tank whith :good:

Should be fine to be fair it has been in same spot for nearly 5 years i'd say.

Most reactions

Back