Diy Plywood Tank Coating

nsomnia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
eyy everyone, so starting a new 800g tank build soon. just wondering what the diy people are using these day for a surface coating. on my old 460g tank i coated the plywood with fiberglass resin then pond armour but due to the price i would like to try something different. i built a storage tank for my work three years ago that is 8ft x 4ft and 2ft tall that was coated in fiberglass resin then finished with $20 of automotive rattle can rubberized rocker guard and three years later the tank still looks new..... anyone know of something like this that might be fish friendly.

go to youtube and search for "plywood aquarium" lots of good videos there

Google "diy plywood aquarium liquid rubber" then read the very first one on the list. If its not first the title is "Is liquid rubber or epoxy better for large plywood aquariums ..."

that monsterfish post is full of great info, ty for that... what type of kitchen surfacer, i tried google for products and got a lot of dif things. some looked great but didnt really give much decription on how the work. hows it holding up?

29199_10150177089550113_4101921_n.jpg

my old epoxy coated tank, Still holding up strong after 5 years

its basically a water proof sticker but a massive sticker, i got it from ebay it has a name but carnt remember it

Most reactions

Back