Diy Co2 Going To Pressurised?

mrjezzi

Reaction score
I've got a Juwel Rio 125 (33US Gallon) with 2 nutrafin yeast reactors in a very heavily planted tank with EI. I don't get any pearling and various co2 calculations suggest 7ppm with 3.3wpg for a midday burst and low light for the rest. I'm thinking pressurised CO2 is the best idea. There would be less effort every couple of days and I'm not sure but I really do think that aside from the cost of installing such a system the running costs would be about the same as diy CO2.

Here are the questions!!!!
-Am I wrong? are the running costs as low as i think?
-What is the best system to go for?
-Following on from the previous question... should I buy a complete kit or pick and choose options?

Finally we use BOC gasses at work and surely the best option if i did go pressurised would be to get a big CO2 tank and set it up once and then it would go for years?!? Obviously would the co2 ppm.

Any help much appreciated!

I've got a Juwel Rio 125 (33US Gallon) with 2 nutrafin yeast reactors in a very heavily planted tank with EI. I don't get any pearling and various co2 calculations suggest 7ppm with 3.3wpg for a midday burst and low light for the rest. I'm thinking pressurised CO2 is the best idea. There would be less effort every couple of days and I'm not sure but I really do think that aside from the cost of installing such a system the running costs would be about the same as diy CO2.

Here are the questions!!!!
-Am I wrong? are the running costs as low as i think?
-What is the best system to go for?
-Following on from the previous question... should I buy a complete kit or pick and choose options?

Finally we use BOC gasses at work and surely the best option if i did go pressurised would be to get a big CO2 tank and set it up once and then it would go for years?!? Obviously would the co2 ppm.

Any help much appreciated!

Whats ppm?

the cheapest optiomn would be fire extinguisher co2 i remember there was a thread in someones sig about how to set one up

PPM is parts per million. It is the same as mg/liter.

There is a link in my sig to setting up a pressurized co2 kit using an FE.

Sam

Most reactions

Back