Diy 5Ft Aquarium Stand.

Dan Robbins

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here is my new 'rustic' aquarium wood stand that i made over the weekend to accommodate my 5x2x2 which is coming during the week. It has since had a good sand and some natural beeswax rubbed into it. Please let me know what you think guys.
Also, after buying the aquarium and making the stand, i have discovered that i will have to move, so, before the tank has even been filled, it is up for sale. PM in interested. Complete with hood, tank and stand.
Dan
DSC08802.jpg

It does look nice. If you want to sell it you'd be better off putting up a few more pictures (such as the inside layout/supports and what the top is made of) although I suspect that you may be waiting until the tank arrives so you can get some proper shots. Location would also be helpful, as I have no idea if this is in Birmingham or South Wales.

Otherwise it's such a shame that you're not going to get to use this. Is there no hope of taking it with you at all?

Of course, my apologies. It is too much hassle to be able to transport this and set it up as i'm still unsure where exactly I will be going, so i may as well sell it on now rather than set it up for a few weeks.
I am based in Birmingham.
The tank is still to be delivered, this was simply a pic to show it's progress and not as an advertisement. 

The tank stand is still unfinished, the middle two doors need replacing, because i don't like them. I will post some more pics up this week when it is. 
Dan
DSC08813.jpg
DSC08808.jpg
tank3.jpg

It's pine/spruce, sanded and rubbed with beeswax. The last picture is before the sanding by the way.
It took ALOT of wood to make, as it has several vertical and horizontal supports designed to support such a large tank. it is made entirely out of 4x2" thick wood so is a chunky (and HEAVY) felllow. At a guess, i would say the wood cost about £110-150 (that is for the price of the hood too), it took plenty of large wood screws which were surprisingly large expense too.
I'm open to offers, remember that the tank is get to be filled, it's brand spanking new and ready to go complete with solid wood stand and hood. 
I should also point out the gap in the middle two doors, those doors are being changed tomorrow, so will be gap free! :)

Most reactions

Back