Dividing My Tank

Hey Bella,

If you find any of the report divider stuff, can you tell me where you got it from? I'd love to divide a tank but haven't come across it in Australia so far.

Good luck!

Even if you can't find the binders on their own i'm pretty certain you can get them on folders from somewhere like The Reject Shop, The Warehouse or Kmart for pretty cheap. That's what i'll do if i can't find them separately. :)

I've used them before to keep school work in though of course now that i need some i can't find any around the house! Have you ever used the folders which is like a piece of plastic folded in half with a slide on clip/binder thing to keep the papers secure?

I get my report binders from stationery shops they are 99 pence for 10 so cheap as chips. They are designed for holding together a sheaf of paper and are triangular like a plastic toblerone chocolate :lol: with a split down the point edge for you to slip paper or your plastic canvas in :D

I wonder if they might have them at the art store at the mall....i'll have a look. -_- I'm so excited! I hope i can find everything i need...

TammyLiz, my Dollar Tree had two different sets. One set comes with two red, two blue, and two white. The other set is all black. I bought one of each set thinking that I might use the colored ones. However, I ended up using the black ones because it matched the black plastic on the tank. I think they are much harder than the ones at other stores, but it really worked as an advantage. They hold the canvas very tight.

Oh, thank you! I wish I had heard of this before I made my dividers. I was looking everywhere with a pack of all black, and couldn't find one! Plus, it's cheaper! Ahh! Well, I ended up doing white which looks OK but black would have been nicer. I just didn't want the multicolor, so I ended up buying a 50 pack. There's no way I'm ever going to need any more, I've only used nine. :lol:

TammyLiz, my Dollar Tree had two different sets. One set comes with two red, two blue, and two white. The other set is all black. I bought one of each set thinking that I might use the colored ones. However, I ended up using the black ones because it matched the black plastic on the tank. I think they are much harder than the ones at other stores, but it really worked as an advantage. They hold the canvas very tight.

Oh, thank you! I wish I had heard of this before I made my dividers. I was looking everywhere with a pack of all black, and couldn't find one! Plus, it's cheaper! Ahh! Well, I ended up doing white which looks OK but black would have been nicer. I just didn't want the multicolor, so I ended up buying a 50 pack. There's no way I'm ever going to need any more, I've only used nine. :lol:

I know what you mean about all blacks being hard to find. I looked everywhere before I found them at the Dollar Tree. I was not looking for them at the time, and I just happened to stumble upon them. They probably had about 200 sets!!! :crazy:

Well i got to work dividing the tank this arvo and this is the result:
June262006-tankdivider001Custom.jpg

June262006-tankdivider002Custom.jpg

I'm very happy with it! Now all i need is the second betta. :p

Very nice.

Is there a binder or anything across the bottom or just gravel holding it in place?

James looks bewildered.

There's a piece of binder along the bottom and then the gravel, plus i have the little pots against the canvas, it seems secure.

Oh, yes, I like it that the gravel is different. I wouldn't have thought... :good:

EDIT: You might want to remove a little bit of it because it can be more difficult to keep clean when it is that deep. :dunno:

Most reactions

Back