Divided Tank ready for bettas! Aka Hundred Acre Wood

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my 20 gallon finished cycling! Ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate at 20. Going to do a big water change tonight then add the first betta tomorrow! For all of the decor, I spent an hour filing down any edge that could be remotely rough or sharp and ripping off the fake plants attached to them. AND I am taking out the starfish because the parts that stick up are very round but I don’t want to take chances. Got root tabs for the plants and I think we are ready to go. I call this tank my Pooh Tank because it looks like Hundred Acre Wood

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 56
Nice! It looks as if the dividers are opaque, correct? I assume that's so the bettas aren't constantly stressing each other out. I'm not a betta expert, just wondering. T

Nice! It looks as if the dividers are opaque, correct? I assume that's so the bettas aren't constantly stressing each other out. I'm not a betta expert, just wondering. T
Yeah they’re solid black! I bought them from LifewithPets who makes dividers specifically for this purpose. Of course I will be put makes only in there :)

Oh I love the tank name. Set up looks lovely. You'll absolutely have to name the fish appropriately too :wub:

Beautiful tank. If they begin to stress at all, take them out. They produce pheromones that each other can pick up and they will know other males are in the tank. I only had one male that stressed badly and had to be removed. Others did fine. :)

Beautiful tank. If they begin to stress at all, take them out. They produce pheromones that each other can pick up and they will know other males are in the tank. I only had one male that stressed badly and had to be removed. Others did fine. :)
Thank you! I did hear this may happen so I actually have a spare 3.5 gallon ready to go so all good there. Thank you for the advice!

Most reactions

Back