DISTURBED TANK

gmang

Reaction score
HI I HAVE 45 GALLON TNAK SET UP FOR 2 MO HAVE RECENTLY MOVED LIVE ROCK AROUND MADE HORRIBLE MESS NOW SUSSPENDED ALGIE WILL NOT GO AWAY BEEN 1 WEEK SKIMMING LIKE CRAZY AND PUT SPOUNGE FILTER IN CAN ANY ONE HELP

turn the flow rate down for 24 hours to see if that helps. perhaps a water change and syphon out as uch as it as you can.

Tryed adding miracle mud just made things worse now my tank is full of mud and my filter it sayed just put in filter but i could not fit all 5 pounds in my hob
:-(

Ya, I wouldnt have put mud in the main, but you should beable to filter it out. Trying getting as much out as possible by hand, then let your filters to the rest. Clean your filters out often in RO water or your old salt water. DO NOT RUN THEM UNDER TAP WATER.

thanx ramjet :S and some one said tu turn off lights and flow is this not a death sentance to my two fish and few corals well if they still live in this mud puddle
:/

mineral mud should not go in the main tank. its used for sumps where algae can grow. the increased iron content of the mud in the main tank now might well encourage algae growths evenhigher with the more powerful lights of the main system.

I would do a large water change and rip out the entire substrate now before things get out of control.

Your fish will be fine without lights for a few days. The corals typically don't have too much of a problem with this. When they get shipped they are in the dark and survive with out too many problems, but you will want to keep an eye on them. I would also go with what Navarre stated above. I might try to save the substrate by cleaning it in the water you take out in the water change, then putting it back in the tank in small amounts over the next few months.

a sponge might help remove some of the phytoplankton and or suspended blue green algea. You can probably get the mineral mud sucked out of your tank with a gravle vacume and lots of hard work (although iron should be uniformly distributed ina system this small the current in the main tank could be kicking the mud up).

Also you seem to have gotten something stuck in your capslock key, you need to get that looked at as it is really really anoying.

Also you seem to have gotten something stuck in your capslock key, you need to get that looked at as it is really really anoying.

Um... Only the first post was in Caps. the others were normal. :huh:

I never said i could type i tend to swith it on and off at randome. well i got all the mud out and still canot get rid of the suspended algie i have turned off the lights my power heads the skimmer is going i have since added a aqua clear 400 to the front of the tank with just spounge trying to filter this out still non use i have done 4-20 % water chenges and still no change it is dreadfull and i am so frustrated i started this by moving stuff around everything was fine before then

i would suggest using a power filter on back, get some micron sheets and cut to fit put like two in the filter and let her fly!

Should help as catches smaller particles.

Most reactions

Back