Distraught...

Aisha

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive been after shrimp for a while and there was only one place that i knew of that sold them... i thought it was an ok place as i bought from them previously...

I was after a couple of more so i went back and i looked to see if they had any other types... and OMG to my supprise... the tanks had fish that must have been suffering from some sort of disease....

tank after tank had dead fish that hadnt even been taken out.. there was even a half eaten carcass... and fish that were breathing there last breaths..

Its the only place in my area in the city centre... so convenient for alot of ppl.. Im just amazed that the fish were suffering... i mean at least they could have taken out the dead ones.. as soon as i saw that i just had to get out.. id be amazed if they were still selling the fish from affected tanks and that ppl were actually buying them!!!

The fish should not be displayed and put in a tank where they can get better or something... i mean i do undrstand that fish get ill and it would have spread because certain tanks share the same water... but thats disgusting... seeing one fish eat another like that... due to not removing the dead ones..

They shouldnt be allowed to stay open, there should be laws or conditions about these kind of things.. if there isnt any

I just had to get that off my chest... it was soo upsetting to see :-(

yes there are some shops like that . youre always going to get fish that die its inevitable but they should be removed i agree. where are you based? there is a store locator somewhere on these forums tho i cant remember exactly where it is. also pfk website has a list of good retailers and if i remember rightly it has a store locator where you can search for shops within a certain distance of your postcode. hope this helps

Im in leeds.. pfk?? Oh thats great. thanks for that :)

hi....

erm well its in leeds city centre right next to the corn exchange and the market... pets something its called... armley? ive always found that place quite good.. have got all but one fish from there.. except i do believe tilll this day that ich was introd as a result of fish that i bought from there.. otherwise no complaints..

as a more experienced aquarist, where would you recommend.. i live in the ls16 area... the most convenient the better :)

btw, its the first ive heard of 'leodians'... but i like it! ;)

thanks for your comments!!

Most reactions

Back