Dismay At Work Colleague

Well, where on earth do I start to even try and give advice without making it sound that she's killing her pets?
I wouldn't try... I'd make it sound like that's exactly what she's doing, because it is.

That really is awful though. The hard thing about teaching others to properly care for their fish is that they usually think you're nuts for even caring. If they kept a dog or cat in such horrible conditions no one would blame you for giving them some strongly worded advice, but it's like fish aren't even considered pets, but more like decorations.

Well, where on earth do I start to even try and give advice without making it sound that she's killing her pets?
I wouldn't try... I'd make it sound like that's exactly what she's doing, because it is.

That really is awful though. The hard thing about teaching others to properly care for their fish is that they usually think you're nuts for even caring. If they kept a dog or cat in such horrible conditions no one would blame you for giving them some strongly worded advice, but it's like fish aren't even considered pets, but more like decorations.
Wish I could, but I can't exactly have a go at our HR director -_- most definitely not the right person to get on the wrong side of. I generally never have a problem voicing my opinion or advice.
But in the case, I stuck my feelers out and it's clearly a no-go area. Not worth getting myself worked up about and potentially cause friction with someone I have to work with very closely.

Oh I forgot, she also has some Angelfish in there too. On top of the other unidentifiable fish...... :/

Most reactions

Back