Disgusted with Pet Store

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Actually, I've been much more impressed by our local PetSmart than by our LFS here. The PetSmart is, granted, quite new. But every time I go in there is someone caring for the fish. They test the water frequently and just generally seem like they care. I've spoken to three different employees who all are very knowledgeable, although one today told me that they have had a harder time keeping a few of the more delicate fish. But -- get this -- if they have a problem with a certain type of fish, they don't restock it. In other words, if they can't keep them alive and happy, they don't buy more just to make a buck. I've never felt pressured into purchasing anything there, either.

Compare this to our local fish-only store, which has given me wrong info on two separate occasions, frequently has dirty tanks with a few dead fish floating around, and seems very interested in the "upsell".

Granted, the LFS has a much wider variety, so that's where we went for our pleco, but locally I'd rather support the PetSmart.

Most reactions

Back