Discus

I've seen were people keep there discus in a ph of 8 with no problems. I have mine in a ph of 7.4. As long as the ph is stable you will be ok. Temp 83.
As for water changes, I do mine twice a week, around 30% each time.
They can be tricky at first. They are very prone to get diseases. Once they settle in you should have no problems.

Discus are not that hard to keep especially if you have a Bare bottom tank and you keep them on a species tank....The main thing about keeping Discus is to maintain water parameters and water quality. tank bred discus would have no problem adjusting to high ph as long as it's stable, you should also keep the temp no lower than 29 C/84 F, and young discus must be feed 3-6 times a day, and you should have a variety of food not just 1 kind. Also young discus would actually thrive in slightly hard water and I think you would only need to use RO water for breeding purposes. Its always better to get a school like 6 if you have the room, each discus would need atleast 6 gallons for itself in adult size...If you look at my sig you could see that I have 3 Discus in a community tank, now if I could start again I would put them in a species tank without gravel(this would make it a lot easier to keep the water clean), but all of my fish are getting along and thriving... I do 30% water change everyother day and I do wall wipe down on my tank and clean my filter once a month....seems like a lot of work but it's worth it..... :D

Most reactions

Back