Discus

Paradise_2

Reaction score
i am hoping to buy a discus within the next two weeks and i want to know how much 1 will cost and how large it will grow and will it be compatible in my tank? please help ASAP!!

You already have problems in your tank with the paradise fish and tetras in roughly 15 gallons. You definitely don't need a discus. They are quite expensive. Even small ones can run in the $30 to $50 range. I was in a LFS yesterday and the ones about 2" to 3" were $129.00. They also need very good water conditons. That particular store said they did 50% water changes every other day on the discus tank.

i have no price range if i still didnt live at home id buy a 100 gal or bigger and its not a matter of need its a matter of want really.

some of the LFS's i've been in you can!
on the subject of discus, you cant keep one discus in a tank no matter what the size tank. they really do need to be kept with their own kind

well ive seen some 2-3" discuse for around 15 - 20 pounds or i can get a 6" pearl blue discus for 40 pounds so quite cheap over here really and thnx 4 tht any type u wud reccomend?

Live Fish Store
thts a kinda weird name because u dont have a dead fish store do u
Actually, you do. You go there to buy fish to fry for dinner. Commonly called a seafood market.
well i have seen none of them over here and i have been literally everywhere

If you can get 3" discus for that, I would think it's a steal. And I can't believe you'e never seen a seafood market. Here is the website of one of the worlds most famous seafood marketsin Seattle, WA.

I live just 15 miles from downtown Seattle. I've been to the fish market many times and I've got say that place is very cool :good: The guys there will throw a 30 pound salmon across a crowd of people and have another worker catch it from about 50 feet away. Very impressive. There are also about 200 shops, restaurants, breweries, indoor amusement park, etc. on 4 different levels in the market as well as a huge aquarium that goes under the Puget Sound so you feel like one of the fish. You could spent a whole week down there and still not see everything. I now this has nothing to do with topic but o'well.

Never been there but saw a video of it. Will be in Oregon this summer, may try to get up there.

It sounds like you're after Discus without any thought, preparation or understanding of how to keep them. Most Discus tanks need to be up and running for several months before adding the fish. They need to be kept in a group of at least three or four and water conditions have to be absolutely immaculate with (ideally) water changes several times a week. Any tankmates need to be docile and able to handle the higher temperatures that Discus require. Please do lots of research before going any further.

Most reactions

Back