Discus Wrigglers At Last

wow great thread only just found it, great looking discus :good:

col748 what is that dark blue discus in your avtar? looks just like one of mine,

That is amazing, great job. I have bred fish before, but never tried discus (because of the difficulty involved). Keep up the great work and do keep us posted on'em!

col748 what is that dark blue discus in your avtar? looks just like one of mine,

Looks very similar to one of my royal reds :good: If you want a comparison, send me a PM, and I'll send you a pic of mine when I next go into the dining room with my camera.

I love you new fish angelmouse, they look stuning. Albinos and red mazes, very nice indeed. The fry ar comming along too. Any more un-to-date pics?

Rabbut

Nice, I guess thats just how they start off, although quite a few discus breeders say 5-8 feedings a day i don't see how it would stunt them in anyway...And they came from lovely parents...And yeh, any more pics? It'll be a month tomorrow since last update :good:

I have kept just my favorite baby and now added it to main tank where it swims around quite happily with the adults and dosen't seem imtimidated by them , i realise this is not the best place for it to grow, but have just shut down a couple of tanks to make room for a 6 footer. I gave 1 to a friend and euthinised the other 2 as one didn't grow and the other apeared to be stunted , i think this was caused by not enough water changes in the early days and the bbs poluted the water resulting in nitrite spikes . The parents are still laying every 6 days but are still eating the eggs or wrigglers, that was the only batch that they raised, they laid eggs today but not getting my hopes up
i am so attached to this little guy, he's my firstborn and i have named him Marvin LOL (he wouldn't pose for me tonight)
march08138.jpg

Regards Angel

Just found this thread...I am so impressed!
Absolutely stunning fish angelmouse. You must be very proud.

Hi Angelmouse,

Congratulation. You really did it. Grew the Discus from the eggs. :good: Hopefully, you get more of them. Soon. Your baby looks good. Such a nice color.

I, too finally got some tiny Angelfish from my Albino pairs. Only 20 or so month old that are Dime size(probably like 1.5cm). And another 20 or so 2 weeks old in the gallon jar that is still looks like any other C*chlids frys. And have this big orange bellies from the BBS.
Not like 100 but finally be able to grow like 20 out of 400~500 eggs. I find my pair is good parents that take care of the eggs and they get to the point of free-swimming. But whatever the reason(most likely because of Albino) the kids just can't catch the food in the beginning in the tank with the parents. Most likely, 20G is too big a space for them or their vision is not so good because of the Albino character. So I end up have to move them to the 1 Gallon jar and feed them and change the water.,etc.

Anyway, TTYL.

Most reactions

Back