Discus Ate One Of My Biggest Cardinals

sparts

Reaction score
Wow, i have an 8inch discu in tank, this morning he just flameing ate one of my 1.5 inch cards maybe bit bigger than that ,they have been together from the start for last 3 months, 4 discus 5 cards in 4 foot tank planted. been ok eating well on bloodworm, just this morning the card swam past the discus and bam it pecked it first then snapped it from behind in half nearly then kept munching from behind happend so quick just head left floating has any one ever seen this befor cos i not read anything like this, and the card was not exactly small either

i this april 24th or april 1st
Whats that have to do with anything?!

April 1st is April fools day, when people pull pranks... I think thegnu was thinking the original poster was joking..

As if they had researched Discus to any degree they would know that this can happen. Big fish, little fish, you do the math.

i this april 24th or april 1st
Whats that have to do with anything?!

April 1st is April fools day, when people pull pranks... I think thegnu was thinking the original poster was joking..

As if they had researched Discus to any degree they would know that this can happen. Big fish, little fish, you do the math.

No no joke just looks like the discus has got the ump cos i removed its femail partner the day b4 becos she had ich still so she in hospitol tank on other side of room he is going loopy swimming from one end to the other continuesly when the hospitol tank light is on and he can see her pretty funny to watch some times looks like they got feelings as well.

looks like they got feelings as well.

They most certainly do on some level. Sometimes they will sulk, sometimes they won't. They are a lot more intelligent than people may think, mine for sure can recognise me from the four other people in the house.

Oh, what temp are you keeping your discus at? Ich shouldn't be a problem in the high temps required by discus.

My discus hide when strangers enter my room.When i come in they dance up the glass.When i pick the discus granules up and shake them at the glass they go nuts ahah :good:

Yes, My angels know were the flakes come from. Its a bright yellow cylinder and they must polish the glass they move from side to side on it so fast. I also like holding the blocks of frozen bloodworms about .5" above the water and letting poke thier heads out to get it.

Most reactions

Back