Disaster Has Struck

OH NO!!! Sorry to hear this Sean. I know it was just beginning to come right for you too with the fry and everything. :(

I feel my tank water sometimes and am puzzled by how warm it feels, but the temperature guage doesn't alter. I hope you can sort the filters out. Could the warm water have harmed them in some way or maybe the gunk has blocked the outlet somehow and damaged the motors?

Hi, the next morning I stripped all pipewrk/spraybars and pulled a cloth through with some gardening wire. I was absolutely disgusted at the amount of gunk that came out of those pipes. With so many fish in there and two loads of fry, all different sorts of food, liquid/frozen/flake etc etc I'm surprised two filters were keeping up. The flow from both filters is ten fold now, the tank was grey and cloudy when I left it. I left the house to start a shift early Thursday afternoon and returned on Saturday morning (yeah you read that bit right lol). I keft the tanks in the capable hands of my better half. She and her grandson have been looking after the Tropheus.
The 190ltr tank has crystal clear water now (I also did more big water changes when doing the pipework), all the Sumbu dwarf comps are present and colouring up again, the two Kungweensis are digging in the sand. Unbeleivable that I have let this happen. A lesson never to be repeated . . . .
Cheers to everyone who has offered some sympathy, really much appreciated . . .
On a side note I received a call from ND yeaterday and my new tank should be arriving Monday, Tropheus will get a new home in it, the 50+ Cyp fry will inheret the Roma240 till they are big enough to go in the 190 with the darf comps, then back to the drawing board for stocking the 240 (?) hmmm.....
Cheers, Sean :good:

Most reactions

Back