Digital Paintings

Jwheat

Reaction score

I hope it's legal for me to put some artwork up because I don't really do much photography.

Hi! I like digital art a lot and I've been painting with Photoshop since I was like 12 or something. I'm currently working on a picture of my betta splenden, but it is still in sketching stage. I plan to colour soon. But for now I thought maybe I would post some other artworks of mine.

Here is one that I did of a girl on a sea monster ~

7a03b76988f768d76a6b2d7a5be3551b.jpg

And if you want to see the process it took to make the picture then you can see that here.

If you don't like digital art please don't get mad and bully me - it is a valid art form and I can also work with traditional media just as well (acrylics, coloured pencil, clay, etc).

Very nice, looking forward to the betta picture!

I took a picture of the sketch with my phone, here it is.

dsx.jpg

It's me and I'm riding (not in a dirty way) my betta fish, Ivan! It's finished, I'm just not so sure I like the dress (I'm kinda picky :blush: )

When I first got my betta fish, this is how I felt about him - extremely happy. :) Yeah I'm one of those psycho artists that likes to draw how you feel about certain things, but art is my therapy so it's okay. :D

Hello! So I thought I'd post another picture of mine. It was drawn in 2008 (back when I was super super into anime/manga style art).
It's a couple flying a kite. Take a look at the kite ~ it's based off of a betta fish. :wub:

Sea_and_Sky_by_seafoam_mermaid.jpg

Yeah the guy looks like a girl, I realise this and I am ashamed of it. :lol: I was very careless with my anatomy a long time ago. I also failed at betta fish anatomy. :D

Here is another picture. It's based off the Pokemon "Clamperal" but some of you may not know what that is, so just think of it as a girl in a clam and the girl is the pearl.

I was about 16 years old when I drew this so it doesn't look as detailed as other works (and anatomy is quite off)... but I think it's still cute. I plan to remake this picture in a new, more sophisticated style.

eee7d197885c2e62.jpg

I realy like them as does my granddaughter Princesscoral who is sitting next to me viewing them - look forward to seeing more :good: How long does one take to complete?

Seffie x

Have you thought of using the graphics for a book - maybe aimed at young girls about princesscoral's age, 10 ish

I realy like them as does my granddaughter Princesscoral who is sitting next to me viewing them - look forward to seeing more :good: How long does one take to complete?

Seffie x

Have you thought of using the graphics for a book - maybe aimed at young girls about princesscoral's age, 10 ish

Hello Seffie and Princesscoral! :D Thank you very much, I'm glad you both like my drawings~

It takes me anywhere from about 10 to 20 hours roughly estimated to colour (and those hours are spread out within 1-3 days, so it's not all in one sitting ;) ) but the sketch takes only 1 hour to complete. I use Adobe Photoshop and I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet that I also use (but before I would only use the mouse to draw).

I have though about doing a book and using my graphics for it :) But I'm not sure how I would do it. I know that my mom and I tried to write a book, but we were stopped in the middle of the process by fears of not being able to find a publisher. :(

the last thing you need to worry about in this day and age is a publisher. you can use lulu.com, or even amazons print on demand service. i'd say lulu, because they will get your book on amazon, print it, and do all the hard work.

sure doing things that way mean less profits on the book, but if you just want to get something out there, it's not always about the profits.

if you want to do it, go for it, and don't worry about anything getting in your way until it does. then work around the barrier, and keep going! :good:

the last thing you need to worry about in this day and age is a publisher. you can use lulu.com, or even amazons print on demand service. i'd say lulu, because they will get your book on amazon, print it, and do all the hard work.

sure doing things that way mean less profits on the book, but if you just want to get something out there, it's not always about the profits.

if you want to do it, go for it, and don't worry about anything getting in your way until it does. then work around the barrier, and keep going! :good:

Oh that's awesome! Didn't know about lulu.com -- I'll be sure to inform my mom about it. :) Thanks so much Chris~~

very nice pictures very impressive all i can draw is a stick man and that normally comes out crap :D

keep em coming xD

ash

No problem.

Good luck. I plan on using lulu for a book I'm working on. My one started as a piece for my portfolio for uni entry but I thought I may as well make the most of the work I'm putting in.

My betta picture is all finished :) Just finished it earlier today. So I'll post it now.

Before:
dsx.jpg

Now:
1300b3705e4896d124cb5f691ca67f58-d34dkm4.jpg

I hope you like it! I tried my best to make it anatomically correct, but it's kind of not since this genre is fantasy.

It lacks a title as of now, but it's symbolism is clean air, clean water, harmony between a girl and her pet, nature, and playfulness. At it's core, the girl represents me and the fish is Ivan, my betta.

I've used 110 layers, a lot of colour, about 10 hours to complete, and I left in my sketch layer if you can see (I always leave in my sketch layer so you can see how it used to look_.

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Here's the DA link: http://seafoam-mermaid.deviantart.com/#/d34dkm4

Most reactions

Back