Digital Aquarium Thermometer

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I see people asking about these on a daily basis. Well I was going through ebay today and found one at a good price. Thought I would share.
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s=tab%3DSelling"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s=tab%3DSelling[/URL]

Quick word of caution, I purchased what appears to be the exact same model and I'm not sure yet how accurate it is. It seems to fluctuate quite a lot (over short spaces of time) so I'm going to check it against some calibrated thermometers tonight.

Also, in the sales description for the one I purchased was the wording "accurate to 1 degree". Which basically means if its 22c the thermometer can show anywhere between 21 and 23c and still be functioning within its designed parameters.

Once I've checked mine tonight I'll post back here with what I've found....

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you sure you didnt get the knock off? I noticed on ebay that there were plenty of knock offs that look just like this one but do not say coralife on it. They just say "digital thermometer"

Are you sure you didnt get the knock off? I noticed on ebay that there were plenty of knock offs that look just like this one but do not say coralife on it. They just say "digital thermometer"

Nope, mine says 'coralife' on it......but it didnt come with that plastic outer packaging and was sent from Hong Kong

....so MAYbe.

mine 'scans' the temp every 5 secs so does seem to 'flicker' quite a bit, but never shows a big leap in temps or so.

wouldnt be without my digital ones now! be careful though as there are some dodgy knock offs which arent 100% waterproof and die within a few hours!!

sorry just looked at link mine looks nothing like that lol! mine is one that you stick on the glass inside the aquarium with lcd screen display thing bargin at €10!

Checked the Coralife one against a calibrated glass thermometer and I'm pleased to say that there was only about 0.2 difference between them over 6 different readings.

I managed to get mine for just 99p on eBay, so I'm happy!

i actually just bought that same one a few days ago, works great, love it, takes out the " between this and this degreese " i really like it... :D

i recommend it

Most reactions

Back