diff's between tiger barbs

Females are often larger when full grown, and have a deeper body. Males usually have brighter red fins, and also more red on their nose, especially during spawning. However, they're still not easy to tell apart!

Females are often larger when full grown, and have a deeper body. Males usually have brighter red fins, and also more red on their nose, especially during spawning. However, they're still not easy to tell apart!

Although they are hard to tell apart when they are younger, once they reach about an inch and a half long, you will easily tell the difference. The females will have a large robust body and not much orange/red on the fins and nose while the males will be narrow with much red definition on the nose and fins.

Although they are hard to tell apart when they are younger, once they reach about an inch and a half long, you will easily tell the difference. The females will have a large robust body and not much orange/red on the fins and nose while the males will be narrow with much red definition on the nose and fins.

I would agree. I found it impossible to sex my Tigers when I got them in late December (not sure how old they were at the time, but they were small), but now that they've grown I feel pretty confident that I can tell the males from the females using the information provided from other members.

Most reactions

Back