did you notice?

rdd1952 said:
. I was in a thread earlier today with posts form the US, England, Australia, Finland and Malaysia.
Well, i believe im the only actively posting malaysian on this board, so are you referring to me? :p

On a more serious note, i agree with what has been previously said. Posts does not = knowledge.

P.T.

Actually, I really like that this is a multinational forum. I love finding out which fish are readily available in which places. Some of our "cheap" fish are quite a bit more costly in the UK, and I'm sure it works the other way as well. Also, plants seem to be (generally) less expensive here, for which I'm thankful.

I have to admit that I am a little jealous of how close all of members from England are (proximity-wise). It's very hard for me to recommend a LFS (or get a recommendation for one) since we are so spread out over here. I'm also tickled by the fact that, while I would think nothing of hopping in the car and driving 3 or 4 hours to visit a cool fish store on a Saturday, it seems like a lot of people from the UK think of that as a weekend's travel and not worth the bother. It's just funny how we can think so differently of the same distance.

The one thing I do find frustrating is the "filter barrier". It seems as though standard UK filters and US filters are different styles. (Maybe I'm wrong here, but...) There seem to be so many different choices here, as well, that it's hard to know what to do when you're first starting.

Just my two cents,
Pamela

Post counts don't matter at the end of the day, it's helping the fish that counts to me.

Well I'm American but live in the UK... So where does that place me? :p

Anyway, I like that this is a multi-national forum.

I also think that it's very unfortunate that even in Europe (with many more strict regulations ;)) people don't seem to view fish on the same level as other animals. Someone commented that the UK has stricter regulations and people care more in the UK (could have been more than one person :p) but I think that fish welfare is simply not considered as important as say the welfare of birds or domestic mammals regardless of where you live.

dragoon459 said:
dont see to many people from new jersey on here though
At least not many that are willing to admit it... :p

not many people want to let people know where they live, but telling your state to people isn't enough info to do anything

Most reactions

Back