Determining Stocking Levels

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sort of, Staxx. Again, you can't be totally dependent on your enthusiasm for the hobby, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered buying a filter :rolleyes: I have plenty of enthusiasm, probably more that than money to buy another filter at least :p

Tolak is simply putting my point about the variables in fish husbandry, in layman's terms. If the water is OK and if you're prepared to look after the tank, 50 is doable. Personally, I like to slightly under stock than over stock and that's my preference but slightly over stocking isn't out of the question. Many keepers do it and get away with it because the water, their maintenance and their filtration methods allow it.

I can see where Dozybugger ( ;) :D ) is coming from, and why he's getting frustrated with the answers everyone's giving him. Perhaps the question would have been better to ask for a range with a maximum, rather than a definitive answer?

i think what tolak is trying to say. your stocking is determined by how much work your prepared to put in.

like water changes and so on to keep the stock healthy.

Bingo! All my tanks are considered overstocked to most folks but I put the necessary work in...........

Most reactions

Back