Decided Against The Rainbows...

swrzzzz

Reaction score
Hi

I asked the other day about buying red rainbows and after thinking about it I didnt as I think they may be a bit boisterous.

So... I am left with needing something to "finish off" my tank. Something(or things) really special but I have no idea what :S

I currently have a 200L tank with 7.5 ph and the following..

5 danios
4 cory
4 diamond head tetra
1 dutch ram (lost my female so I need to replace her soon)
2 hillstream loach
2 gold gouramis

Nothing aggressive please but nothing too stationary either. A bit of color red/blue too??

Thanks as ever...

Steve

What size tank do you have and what other fish and how many of each do you already have?

M.Praecox - dwarf neon rainbows, stunning fish, only reach 2", lovely blue colours, males have red edging to their tails, female more orangey. Shoal of 6 - 8 would be my prefernce, but then I love rainbows :D

M.Praecox - dwarf neon rainbows, stunning fish, only reach 2", lovely blue colours, males have red edging to their tails, female more orangey. Shoal of 6 - 8 would be my prefernce, but then I love rainbows :D

Nice - they have those in my LFS but they look very sliver - will they get more coloured as they grow?

Also is my ph OK for them?

Your ph is fine for them, they can range from 6.0 - 8.0 ph easily. They always look very dull in the LFS as do all rainbows, but they colour up lovely when they are happily settled and with age the colours deepen, great fish, lively, colourful, peaceful, easy to feed, hardy etc.

Your ph is fine for them, they can range from 6.0 - 8.0 ph easily. They always look very dull in the LFS as do all rainbows, but they colour up lovely when they are happily settled and with age the colours deepen, great fish, lively, colourful, peaceful, easy to feed, hardy etc.

Absolutely, they often get overlooked in a LFS full of colourful fish but give them a well-planted established tank, decent food and after a day or two you wouldn't believe they were the same fish you saw in the shop.

i had 5 dwarf rainbows, they were very nice fish however, i had one male who was very boisterous and stressed out the other ones. I would either get a large shoal of about 8, or maybe try and pick only females....? i fed them tetra pro colour and they look brilliant...however they lasted only a few weeks and now am only left with the one male, who still looks great

on the other hand i have a shoal of 12 harlequins who are great little fish...always moving and great to watch when feeding...?

Most reactions

Back