Dechlorinating Water Advise

Marto666

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm moving a tank today.

Is it possible to 'over dechlorinate' the tank? i.e - how critical it to get the quality of dechorinating solution right?

Should the water be stirred with the dechlorinating solution and how long should I leave the water in the tank to dechlorinate for before restarting the filter?

Cheers

It's pretty hard to overdose, double or even triple dosing is known to be safe, you'd have to pour more or less the whole bottle in to do any damage.

Thanks, thats just what I wanted to know.

Do you know how long it takes to become effective and should I give the tank a good stirring when I've added the solution?

Cheers

Most dechlorinates are almost instantaneous.

Alot of people including myself pour untreated water into a tank via a hose and just add the required amount of dechlorinate it works that quick :good:

Regards onebto

Can i just jump on this thread and ask everyone....
In your opinion, what is the best Dechlorinator on the market?

They're all made of the same thing, but I would recommend pond dechlorinator as it is more concentrated and lasts longer.

They're all made of the same thing, but I would recommend pond dechlorinator as it is more concentrated and lasts longer.
What about in terms of value for money and stress coating etc??

Pond dechlorinator offers the best value for money, stress coat is only aloe vera and there is no scientific proof that it actually does what it claims.

I use Seachem Prime. 5ml per 200 ltrs I think it is to dechlor.

+1 Seachem Prime. You can get a 250ml or 500ml bottle that will last you ages for a good price on fleabay :good: :good:

Most reactions

Back