Daphnia

Dragadile

Reaction score
I really really need some daphnia has any one got any that i can have so i can start up a cultue?

Do they not sell them in your local aquatic store?
That would seem the most obvious place to get some. They are cheap to buy, too.

No they refuse to sell live foods ive tried almost every shop in a 5 mile radius from my house

Refuse! WOW. Well, I'm stumped. Sorry.
The last time I'd seen any was nearly two week ago. It was supposed to be alive in a refridgerator. But that stunk and they were dead!

No they refuse to sell live foods ive tried almost every shop in a 5 mile radius from my house

Are you sure you mean "daphnia" ? Ive never seen a fish shop that DOESNT sell it !
Where abouts are you ? perhaps a local member can suggest somewhere.

when you say borrow you mean your going to give the ones your borrowed back :p

sorry couldn't resist and sadly I don't have any wouldn't mind getting some tho

Get a net and find yourself a pond :).

Or even just take a handful of dirt from somewhere that frequently fills up with water (like a large puddle in a park, or a clean roadside ditch) and dump it in a container/tank full of water and put in a bright (and not too cold) place. There are daphnia ephippia (resting eggs) basically everywhere if you look for them.

For best hatching results use RO, distilled, de-ionised, rainwater or bottled water with the lowest TDS (or dry residue at 180 C) available to you :good:.

hehe I remember I netted some of what I thought to be daphnia
Put it in a tub in my room and left it for a few days,

Little did I know they were Mosquito Pupa,
Needless to say when I open it I got a face full of mosquitos

so funny, My g/f went mental at me

i wouldnt bother with Daphnia, they are like 97% water anyway, waste of time LOL

this is odd. i get daphnia coming into the shop like every 10 hours or so :lol: . your lfs is one weird shop i'd tell you that.

go back to the shop armed with a baseball bat and tell him that you want some daphnia :D :D
only jokin

i use the freezed stuff and the fish love it

cheers dane

this is odd. i get daphnia coming into the shop like every 10 hours or so :lol: . your lfs is one weird shop i'd tell you that.
I went to lfs asked for some live daphnia and he said "we dont sell live foods"!?! its stupid!
go back to the shop armed with a baseball bat and tell him that you want some daphnia :D :D only jokini use the freezed stuff and the fish love itcheers dane
i like the base ball idea. Hmm i wonder.... im lookin for the live stuff, i dont have a lot of time on my hands (A levels) and so i cant be bothered to actually go out into the wild and look for some.

when you say borrow you mean your going to give the ones your borrowed back :psorry couldn't resist and sadly I don't have any wouldn't mind getting some tho
well if i get any i will send them to you!
Get a net and find yourself a pond :).Or even just take a handful of dirt from somewhere that frequently fills up with water (like a large puddle in a park, or a clean roadside ditch) and dump it in a container/tank full of water and put in a bright (and not too cold) place. There are daphnia ephippia (resting eggs) basically everywhere if you look for them.For best hatching results use RO, distilled, de-ionised, rainwater or bottled water with the lowest TDS (or dry residue at 180 C) available to you :good:.
so its basically raising triops all over again1 yey i had so much fun trying to raise them things and then... they died :(

Most reactions

Back