Danios Pregnant?

whippsy

Reaction score
my danios are bloated, they are not pineconed and i dont think they have dropsy but i,m not sure could you tell me cause theyve been like it 4 a while

I've been wondering exactly the same thing about my zebra danios. I have noticed they are incredibly greedy and get to all the food first. They could be constipated depending on what you are feeding them. I feed mine peas once or twice a week as this can help if they are constipated. I just blanch the peas in a bowl with boiling water from the kettle, then de-shell them and crumble them up in the tank. Most of my fish eat seem to love them.

If all is well it could be that you just have happy fat females. The males tend to be slender compared to females. Plus, they are egg scatterers and don't produce live young like live bearers when they are pregnant. And its perfectly normal for danios to be greedy and try to get to the food first. I think they know when they have had enough though :good:

And as for posting images you can use a free online video an image host. I use Photobucket. Some info here I think:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=1680&st=0

Most reactions

Back