Barbels on danios

Is this your first aquarium? Did you first set it up and cycle it in Dec/Jan then?

Did you have more fish you've lost, or were these the fish you started off with?
I cycled it for 4 weeks then bought pearl danio but they were five years old and they died around 8 months later then I got zebras and I have also ordered more danios but they can't ship them

I cycled it for 4 weeks

Using what method? Is this your first tank?
then bought pearl danio but they were five years old
Where did you buy five year old fish from??
and they died around 8 months later then I got zebras and I have also ordered more danios but they can't ship them

a ten gallon is really tight quarters for pearl and zebra danios. As you said with how you couldn't take photos because they're fast, they're incredibly fast, active swimmers that will be cramped in a ten gallon. They also need a decent sized number, 8-12 really minimum, and that's a lot for a 10g too, and won't leave you any leeway for any other fish, just these cramped, frantic surface dwellers.

So not being able to order more may well be a blessing in disguise! (although I understand from our Canadian members like @GaryE and @CassCats how difficult it can be to source fish, meds and other things due to difficulties shipping to Canada, feel for you there!).

Not at all trying to put you down in any way, this criticism is only meant in a purely constructive way! Same with all the questions. Trying to learn about your set up, stocking, and stocking plans in order to try to give the best advice, for both you and your fish! Because it might be better to either upgrade to a larger tank, or choose different "nano" species that can work well in a 10g, to give you the best chances of long term success!

Most reactions

Back