Danios Are So Fast!

Freedom

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Wanted to move the long fin danios out of the 37 and into the 50.  Caught 3 rather quickly, there are 2 left.

Tried, couldn't get them.  Waited 4 hours.

Decided to do water change, next thing  I know, I have half the tank empty.  After almost each bucket removed, I TRIED to catch those last 2 danios, but they would have none of it.  I even got some big dinner plates to try and divide the tank, so I wasn't chasing them over the entire thing. 

I tried holding the net still.  The tetras would swim in, have a look around, mosey on out again.  Those 2 danios?  NO WAY.

Eventually I decided I was done.  I was frustrated, ALL the fish in the tank had gotten quite a work out dashing away from the net, and I had to give up.  Completed the water change and moved on.

No question, just a recap of how I spent over an hour on Sunday.  I'm sure others have had danio chasing wars and lost, as well!

I sympathise with you. I once spent two days trying to catch a leopard and several pearl danios to give to my friend's kid. In the end I just drained it until there was barely any water left. It might be worth trying yo catch them first thing in the morning or late at night, when they're still sluggish.

One trick that sometimes works with shoaling fish is once you have caught a couple put them in a fish bag and leave that in the tank, the others tend to try and get back to a group, then using two nets trap them and pop them in the bag.

Thanks, knew I'd find 'sympathy' here, lol!

Yep, been there. As it goes I caught 6 in 90 mins. Sounds like either I got lucky or my fish catching skills are awesome.

That 90 minutes must have seemed ages!

It was a tad frustrating, I must admit......

Most reactions

Back