Danios And Neons

BaylorPerez

Fishaholic
Reaction score
so i had noticed my danios and neons have made a little group for themselfs (co-mingle) and as this is the first time ive seen them do this, does this mean i have made a community tank work? and i mean a actual community as to which the fish dont care about the species difference.

Also does this mean i have to keep an eye out for the males and females i have being in competition(aggressive nature)?

Yes and no, about the community tank. Both fish are schoolers/shoalers. By your other thread, I would say both need their numbers increased. The rule of thumb is 6, but the more the merrier.
I have a tank with 6 Neons and a Cardinal that was a rescue. As well as 6 Black Neons. The Neons and Cardinal school well together. In a tank I set up at work I have 13 Neons, 12 Glowlights, and 11 Harlequin Rasbora. The Neons school together and the Glowlights intermingle.
At present I have 6 Glowlights and 6 Bloodfins in a quarantine tank. They all school together, but they are new and rather low in numbers.
Most schoolers like Neons will spread out when comfortable until spooked, then they school tightly.
As for agression, well my Neons get pushy sometimes but nothing to get worked up about.

i figured something may happen as to spook them as when i come down to check on my snails (one looks like its dying), while i come down the fish scatter but then come back together then are fine. But does this intermingle with the 2 species mean any aggression may ensue?

Most reactions

Back