Dangerous product for betta fish

SAustin

Reaction score
Wanted to alert all betta owners that there's a dangerous product being marketed for bettas called the betta hideaway tunnel.
I purchased this on July 9th for my betta tank. This morning I found my fish dead in the tank. He had tried to swim through one of the smaller holes along the side, got stuck and drowned.

I made the mistake of not checking product safety reviews before purchasing this product. This morning, I found on Petco's web page that 2 other customers had posted that their fish had died the exact same way. Why this product is still on the shelf is beyond me. It is not safe. Do not purchase it for your betta.

I had to look up what you have. Good grief. Sorry you had such an awful experience. One of the competing brands says it is for rest and 'exercise.' What? I wonder if they come with a weight set and treadmill? Some of these companies are looking for ways to stimulate a rather flat market. Nothing new. Thanks for the warning. Hopefully, no other members will experience the same outcome.

I had to look up what you have. Good grief. Sorry you had such an awful experience. One of the competing brands says it is for rest and 'exercise.' What? I wonder if they come with a weight set and treadmill? Some of these companies are looking for ways to stimulate a rather flat market. Nothing new. Thanks for the warning. Hopefully, no other members will experience the same outcome.
Thanks 🙂
I hope others will not go through what I did and will avoid this product

I have one of these for my betta. But it only has one hole on the side and the way it floats, that hole is always on top so the betta can't swim through it.

I have one of these for my betta. But it only has one hole on the side and the way it floats, that hole is always on top so the betta can't swim through it.
Sounds like yours is a different product. This tunnel adheres to the side with suction cups and it has a lot of small holes along with a larger side hole and holes on either end. Maybe you have the floating log? I've had one of those for years and it's perfectly safe

Sounds like yours is a different product. This tunnel adheres to the side with suction cups and it has a lot of small holes along with a larger side hole and holes on either end. Maybe you have the floating log? I've had one of those for years and it's perfectly safe
That is what I got. Sorry about what happened with your betta.

1721676489940.png

Most reactions

Back