Damsel Is Being A Bully Should I Isolate Him?

Reaction score
My damsel is bullying the other as I awoke this morning I noticed that my blue damsels tail has been nipped out. The purple one is overlyaggresive and territorial, which I find funny because when I put them in the tank the other day he was the shy one. Put him in prison?

thats what i would do .. i had the same problem with my clowns. i got a new smaller one and it nipped my old one. i put him in jail quick for 2 weeks ( enough time for the nips to cure themelves.) the i released it and keeped a close eye on it. the would have killed one another i then took him back to the lfs and they let me replace it. the new one was great heres a pic.
Copyofclown3.jpg

Well, if it were my tank, I'd get rid of both of them... Damsels are the spawn of satan. They'll bully fish 4 times their size like it was nothing. You'll never see a damsel in my tank.

Thanks drag and skifletch. Nice clowns btw drag! The blue one doesn't seem that aggresive, so I might keep her, I think it's a female because of the narrow body and small top fin. The purple one is definitley going back to the lfs, when I get my clown. I just wanted them to have a partner, but the purple one ruined it.

Ill second getting rid of the damsels. The bigger they get the worse they are also. And do definately get rid of them now before adding more fish or live rock because the more stuff they have to hide in the worse it will be. Took me about 3 hours of patient sitting to catch the two domino damsels we had, and I consider myself lucky to have done it in that time.

Most reactions

Back