Dairey And Stupid Qustions

cheers for the offfer of the powerhead simon but i live in belfast n ireland it would probly cost a lot for postage thanks for the offer mate. ps like ur tank cant wait to mine is up and running

as money is short at the minute and i cant afford to set up at the minute i was bored and decided to fill my tank with normal water just to see how it looked and how all the equipment worked.

the pump doesnt give that much flow should i have it facing up toward the top of the water so that it causes a ripple in the top of the water.

also the skimmer came with no instructions how deep in the water do i put the skimmeer, is it meant to make any noise mine is very quit and does the cup usualy fill with water as mines has is that normal.

Ok, skimmer cup and air valve needds to be out of the water- but of course yours wouldnt be able to skim at the moment as you have nothing to skim :p

You need to be looking for x 20 flow for the tank and yes, you do need surface agitation

Seffie x

by air valve do u mean the little hole that can be opend and closed. i cant see how the lid of the tank can close if the skimmer cup is out of the water. do u think i have 2 much water in the tank.

the tank is a nano 24 dx and the skimmer is a vskim 120 nano the guy that sold me them told me that is the rite skimmer for the tank

il add a photo today i have to get batteries for my camera thanks for ur help

ive just noticed that when i position the plastic modular surface skimmer that came with the tank over the intake grill in the top left corner of the tank i can rise or lower the water level in the back chambers is this how i can make room for the protein skimmer cup to be fully out of the water.

here are a pic of the tank and 2 pics of the protein skimmer befor i lowered the water level in the back chamber of the tank.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/strttndrrn/tank/Photo-0044.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/strttndrrn/tank/Photo-0045.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/strttndrrn/tank/Photo-004.jpg

the last picture i was able to close the lid the protein skimmer cup was not completly fille with water. the water just reached near the top of the tube in the cup is that how its supposed to be or should i use the plastic modular surface skimmer to lower the water level in the back chambers

Hope you dont mind but I have changed the code on your photos so everyone can see them without having to download :good: Will go take a peek at them now

Photo-0044.jpg

Photo-0045.jpg

Photo-004.jpg

Seffie x

seen this cheap pump on ebay would 1n of these give good enough flow to my nano 24 gallon

Aquarium 6W Marine Wave Maker Vibration Pump 3000L/H

thanks seffieuk ur a great help what do u think about the skimmer am i rite in lowering the water level in the back chambers using the little plastic skimeer piece to cover the intake grill its lowering the water level enough for me to keep the skimmers cup out of the water

iam a bit short of money at the minute but i took a trip to my local lfs and got a few wee things for £12 i got a bag of sand an algae scrapper and a digital thermometer i no its not much but its a start. this is going to be the slowest build ever but buying a bit at a time is better than nothing.

while i was there i seen two clowns that iam planing on geting for the tank but i also seen the little blue fish out of nemo dorey was her name i cant remember what the species name is but are these lovley little blue fish suitable for my 24g nano tank

That would be a Regal Tang they need a good 5 foot tank for swimming space so would not be suitable for a 24G tank :good:

iam a bit short of money at the minute but i took a trip to my local lfs and got a few wee things for £12 i got a bag of sand an algae scrapper and a digital thermometer i no its not much but its a start. this is going to be the slowest build ever but buying a bit at a time is better than nothing.

From little acorns my friend :good: just enjoy yourself

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back