Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hopefully starting a new tank heres a pick of my tank
pics in photo bucket

tank
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/strttndrrn/tank/P150310_1037.jpg

lid
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/strttndrrn/tank/P150310_1037_01.jpg

hi iam hopfuly going to set up my 2ft with 5kg of live rock 2 clownfish and a small clean up crew. hopefully going to add a few corals in time ones that dont require muck light and are easy to look after. iam going to see how things go

it holds around 50 litres iam a little worried i wont get a protien skimmer that will fit in the tank

ok i dont think you can keep clowns in a tank that size. some people keep them in a 60L tank. but there are mixed views some people say 60L some say 90L and i think saffie thinks 120/125 not sure. i would say 90-100 is the smallest. but some people will say less and some will say more. but your tank is still too small. you could get a clown gobey.
for a protien skimmer you could get a hang on one? and cut the lid to fit it? like a v2 120 nano skimmer?

hi i havent posted in a while ive give up on the idea of converrting my 2 ft tank istead i picked up this nanotank for £100 its the 24dx it came with a 120 nano protein skimmer a heater and another pump with a tube on it that goes in the back right hand side chamber.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/strttndrrn/tank/P4070123.jpg

i was told to buy a small power head as well

i didnt realy get talking to the man that sold me the tank and was wondering does any one no what the white stuff might be on the black back ground is.

i was wondering how much live rock i need for this tank its a 24 gallon and do i need to buy any media for the back chambers if iam using live rock.

also does the protien skimmer go in the left chamber the heater int the middle chamber and the pump in the right side chamber.

iam already feeling like iam going to mess this up so i have plenty of questions hope u guys can help me build up my little tank.

hi i havent posted in a while ive give up on the idea of converrting my 2 ft tank istead i picked up this nanotank for £100 its the 24dx it came with a 120 nano protein skimmer a heater and another pump with a tube on it that goes in the back right hand side chamber.

Sounds good - how old are the tubes, they will probably need replacing

P4070123.jpg

Hope you dont mind but i have changed your code so that everyone can see photo :good:

i was told to buy a small power head as well

Indeed, I would get a Koralia 2

i didnt realy get talking to the man that sold me the tank and was wondering does any one no what the white stuff might be on the black back ground is.

Its old coraline

i was wondering how much live rock i need for this tank its a 24 gallon and do i need to buy any media for the back chambers if iam using live rock.

You need approx 12k but i would go for about 14k. As for the chambers, live rock rubble(if there is a pump in there), chaeto, with a small light, phosphate remover and maybe carbon

also does the protien skimmer go in the left chamber the heater int the middle chamber and the pump in the right side chamber.

Ah, so there is a pump, pump usually goes in one end (doesn't really matter which) and then yes, one in each - again, doesn't matter which

iam already feeling like iam going to mess this up so i have plenty of questions hope u guys can help me build up my little tank.

Nah, you wont mess it up, we will help :good: and questions are good

Seffie x

ps :hi: back

cheers mate will i ahve to scrape the coraline of the back of the tank or will i just leave it on iam not sure how old the lights are i might as well replace them just to be on the safe side.

ok so iam going to have the heater in the left chamber the skimmer in the middle and keep the pump in the right as its already hooked up do u recomend that i put the live rock rubble and carbon in the left or centre.

also the heater i got with it doesent have a suction with it to stick it to the tank is it ok to set it in the chamber touching the bottem of the tank and leaning on the wall of the chamber or will that damage the heater.

cheers mate will i ahve to scrape the coraline of the back of the tank or will i just leave it on iam not sure how old the lights are i might as well replace them just to be on the safe side.

You can just soak it off with vinigar, works like magic. But many would leave it

ok so iam going to have the heater in the left chamber the skimmer in the middle and keep the pump in the right as its already hooked up do u recomend that i put the live rock rubble and carbon in the left or centre.

Dont suppose it matter really, get a media bag and a hook, put rubble in bag and hook on side for better flow and ease of cleaning

also the heater i got with it doesent have a suction with it to stick it to the tank is it ok to set it in the chamber touching the bottem of the tank and leaning on the wall of the chamber or will that damage the heater.

Dont see why it would harm it

Seffie x

I would leave the coraline on the back, its looks really nice and will hopefully spread over the whole back before long :good:

can any one recommend any chepish power head pumps that are good enough for my tank that i can order on the internet please i was looking at them in my local shop and they were charging £35 i no there are cheaper ones online but iam not sure what one would best benifit my tank. or maybe i need two.

i also ask in the shop about the price of live rock they are looking £10 a kilo which i dont mind paying and will hopefully have in the next week or 2 but the guy there said that he reccomends i only need 8 kilos for my 24 gallon tank. would i get away with that much.

when i finally do get the rock should i buy it all at once or buy half then the other half. if i do buy half then half does it matter how long i wait between puting the live rock in the tank.

here are some good powerheads :good: they use like 4.5 watts of power http://www.reefstore.co.uk/shop/Koralia-Evolution-Powerheads/
i would add all the live rock at once. if you still think the power heads cost too much money then ebay is the next place.
i would say at leat 10kg

if a Koralia 1 isany use I have one spare only used for 2 weeks

if a Koralia 1 is any use I have one spare only used for 2 weeks

thats a good offer from Simon, snap his hand off and buy it off him :good:

The live rock, I would never buy from a lfs when you can buy it for £5 a kilo from a fellow reefer and do them a favour as well :good:

The correct about of live rock for your tank to filter correctly is between 13/16K - any less and it would be like removing one lung!!

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back